Prof. Ming Zha
1995-PhD., Coal and Petroleum Geology & Exploration: China University of Geosciences ( Beijing)
1988-M.Sc., Petroleum Geology & Exploration: China University of Petroleum (Former: University of Petroleum)
1982-B.SC., Petroleum Geology & Exploration: China University of Petroleum (Former: East China Petroleum Institute)
Employment and Career:
August 2002-August 2017: Vice President of China University of Petroleum, East China(UPC)
June 1998-November 2002: Dean of Geosciences Faculty, UPC
June 1997-June 1998: Deputy Director, Dept. of Science & Technology, UPC
January-June 1998: Visiting Scholar in University of Texas at Austin, USA
November 1997-Now: Professor of Geosciences Faculty
1982-1996: Assistant, Lecturer and Associate Professor in Petroleum Geology, UPC
Ming Zha is currently:
◎Distinguished Expert of the State Council Special Allowance(2007~)
◎Member of Subject Review Group of Degree Committee of the State Council (2015~)
◎Leader of the State Key Discipline of Minerals Survey and Exploration of UPC (2000~)
◎Head of Excellent Innovative Team on Petroleum Geology & Exploration supported by Shandong Province Government (2008~)
◎Head of the Discipline Innovative Engineering Plan(“111 Plan”),supported by Ministry of Education and State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs of China(2016~2020)
◎Member of Division of Energy-Civil-Construction-Water Conservancy of Science & Technology Commission of Ministry of Education of China (2010~2015)
◎Director of Hydrocarbon Migration and Accumulation Mechanism Lab,CNPC(PetroChina)Key Lab of Basin Tectonics and Hydrocarbon Accumulation(2010~)
◎Member of AAPG (1998~)
◎Deputy Director of Petroleum Geology Committee of Geological Society of China(2015~)
◎Member of Petroleum Geology Committee of Petroleum Society of China
◎Editorial Advisory Board Members of Journal of Palaeogeography,Oil & Gas Geology, Petroleum Exploration and Development, China Petroleum Exploration, etc. The peer reviewer of AAPG Bulletin，Marine and Petroleum Geology.
With over 37 years of research and teaching experience, more than 300 publications and international conference presentations/posters, Prof. Ming Zha has built a reputation in the mechanisms of hydrocarbon generation, migration and accumulation, basin modeling and resources assessment.
Prof. Zha’s research interests focus on basin quantitative analysis and numerical simulation, hydrocarbon expulsion and migration mechanisms, petroleum entrapment, distribution and constraints, and basin resources and explorative objects assessment. His research has varied application to conventional and unconventional hydrocarbons, basin geofluids dynamics and prospective objects discoveries. Recently, Ming Zha hold several major research projects (973 project, the State major special research projects, etc.) on tight oil/gas, stratigraphical and lithological reservoirs supported by the National Science & Technology Ministry and State Petrochemical Enterprises.
◎>300 original papers, presentations and posters (including co-authors) in professional journals and proceedings of international conferences and symposia(e.g. AAPG Annual Conventions), Journal of Petroleum Geology, Marine and Petroleum Geology, Journal of Geochemistry, Science China, etc.
◎11 academic books published at Science Press, Petroleum Industry Press and Geology Press in China:
1. ZHA M., Secondary Hydrocarbon Migration and Accumulation in the Faulted Basin, Geology Press,1997
2. ZHA M., Conditions and Key Controlling Factors for Oil/Gas Accumulation, Petroleum Industry Press, 2003
3. ZHA M., WU K. et al., Migration Pathway and Entrapment of Hydrocarbons in Faulted Basins, China University of Petroleum Press,2008
4. ZHA M., Feng Q.,Xue H.et al., The Mechanism of Occurrence and Migration & Accumulation of Tight Oil , Geology Press,2018
5. CHEN Z., and ZHA M., Basin Fluid and Hydrocarbon Accumulation, Science Press, 2013
6. WU K. and ZHA M., Hydrocarbon Accumulation Dynamic System of Multiple Phases Superimposed Basins and Their Controlling Reservoir Distributions, China University of Petroleum Press, 2010
7. ZHANG X. and ZHA M., Hydrocarbon Accumulation Regulation and Evaluating Techniques for Complicated Lithology in Linyi Depression of Bohai Bay Basin, Petroleum Industry Press,2007
8. CHEN Z. and ZHA M., Mechanisms and Models of Hydrocarbon Expulsion in Lacustrine Faulted Basin, China University of Petroleum Press, 2011.
9. CHEN X.,KUANG L. and ZHA M. et al., Hydrocarbon Accumulating Mechanism and Explorative Techniques of Volcanic Rocks ,A Case from Junggar Basin, Science Press, 2014
10. CHEN X.,KUANG L. and ZHA M. et al., Formation, Distribution and Reservoir Capacity of Volcanic Rocks—Volcanic Reservoir Entrapment Mechanism and Explorative Practice in Junggar Basin, Geology Press,2012
11. ZHANG Y., ZHANG W., ZHA M., ZHU X., Basin Analysis and Petroleum Assessment in Early Explorative Period, Geology Press,1998
◎State University Project Textbook published:
JIANG Y. and ZHA M., Petroleum Geology and Exploration, the State University Project Textbook, Petroleum Industry Press, 2006;2016
Research & Teaching Awards:
◎More than 15 Research and Teaching & Education Awards from the State & Provincial Governments and Industrial Organizations
1. ZHA M.(R06),“The Study on Quantitative Models of Hydrocarbon Accumulation for Large-Middle-Scale Oil & Gas Fields”, Second Prize of State Science & Technology Progress Award,2004.
2. ZHA M.(R01),”The Study of Unconformity Structure and Mechanism and its Application to Controlling Hydrocarbon Enrichment in Petroliferous Basin”, First Prize of Shandong Province Science & Technology Progress Award,2014.
3.ZHA M.(R03),”Geological & Geophysical Predicting Techniques of Hydrocarbon Reservoir Fracture and Their Applications”, Second Prize of China Petroleum & Chemistry Industry Association Science & Technology Progress Award,2011.
4.ZHA M.(R01),” The Key Geological Theories and Methods for Hydrocarbon Exploration in Complicated Foremountain Thrust Belt “, Second Prize of China Petroleum & Chemistry Industry Association Science & Technology Progress Award,2012.
5.ZHA M.(R02),”Assessment Key Technologies and Their Applications of Fractures & Unconformities Finely Characterization and Hydrocarbon Migration System”,First Prize of China Petroleum & Chemistry Industry Association Science & Technology Progress Award,2018.
6. ZHA M.(R06),“The Study on Quantitative Models of Hydrocarbon Accumulation for Large-Middle-Scale Oil & Gas Fields”, Fist Prize of CNPC Technology Innovation Award,2003.
7. ZHA M.(R02),With Professional Curriculum Building as the Core, Constructing High Quality Teaching Platform for the Major of Resources Explorative Engineering”, Second Prize of State-Level Teaching Award,2014.
8. ZHA M.(R02),With Professional Curriculum Building as the Core, Constructing High Quality Teaching Platform for the Major of Resources Explorative Engineering”, Fist Prize of Shandong Province-Level Teaching Award,2013.
9.ZHA M.(R01),”Highlighting the Feature of Petroleum, Strengthening Practice Innovation, Promoting Graduate Student Cultivating Quality of Professional Degree of Geological Engineering”, Fist Prize of Shandong Province-Level Teaching Award,2014.
10.ZHA M.(R02),”Relying on Preponderant Disciplines, Insisting Petroleum Distinguishing Feature, Building First-Class Major—Reform and Construction for Geological Resources Prospecting & Engineering”, Fist Prize of Shandong Province-Level Teaching Award,2009.
No.66, Changjiang West Rd., Qingdao Economic & Technical Development Zone
Tel.:+86 532 86981288 E-mail:email@example.com